Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I should've written this up last night since yesterday was a rainy day here in Bangalore. Nevertheless, better late than never. Here is a bit of poetry I discovered while rummaging through some old e mails. It is deliciously pointless and it feels good to know that I spent several research-moments doing pointless and amusing things. :)

Felt like writing poetry
So I put pen to paper
And sat down to think and muse, with glee
But found my interest tapered!

I thought a little edible lure would,
do my synapses some good.
So I got hold of some savories
And tried rekindling ol memories.

Somehow, that did not seem to work!
I tried hard to think and pondered!
Looked at the stars, gazed at the moon,
And stared into the wild blue yonder!

Thats all I have to say really,
I have confessed and admitted
My incompetence at poetry
Or anything remotely connected!

Ha ha ha! :)

5 comments:

  1. Hello! This was fun! Notwithstanding your (claimed) incompetence at poetry, I am much entertained. Look forward to many more such :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This encourages me to do even more pointless and amusing things since it is time for my thesis now. :) Lowe it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sumathi. :) I endeavor to give satisfaction- as Jeeves would say. ;)

    And Prachi- this pointless-thing doing is ONLY for adults not for little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow....brings back college memories! I still remember the 'yes I'm a rebel! ' poem of yrs - I'm so glad you resumed writing :)

    from the writer of 'an Ode to a blank face'

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it."

    ReplyDelete